Facebook Dos and Don’ts For Visual Media
- Keep posts short & friendly – Description with less than 100-160 characters get more engagement.
- Use Proper Hashtag
- Give Proper Title to Video (Try to include the Keyword as Title)
- Answer questions & respond to posts – Respond to your followers & be personal.
- Ask questions & ask for feedback – Ask them often & listen to what your users are saying.
- Provide helpful links- Be sure to help educate your fans, not just promote our content.
- Don’t Argue with fans/ viewers.
- Follow thought leaders – Find people in your niche & follow them – and make sure to interact with them & their followers.
- Post like and share
- Use Facebook insight to analyze page performance
- Follow the main competitors regularly
- Say Thank You — Thank your followers & fans often. Make them the center of focus.
- Overpost — Only post when get good engagement.
- Post High quality content- Post only good and relevant content
- Excessive self-promotion– 90% of posts should be fun & informative, 10% can be promotion.
- Use Bad Grammar — Make sure to avoid grammar errors or misspelled words in posts.
- Overuse of Hashtags
- Be Shy – Use the opportunity to speak directly to your consumers. Be outgoing & engaging.
- Be careful while dealing with Politics or Religion – Have your opinions yes. But you’ll run off over half your potential customers if you take a stand on political or religious issues. So choose your words wisely.
- Respond Hastily — Remember your messages are public. Well thought out & correct answers are vital.
- Bad Mouth Competitors — Don’t air your opinions on social media.
- Share Secrets- Don’t share secrets – Some things need to stay in house & not be aired on social media.
- Post too often
- Be slow to respond
- Not Responding at all
- Send mass message to our network.