One can go on & on about why it’s critical to have a website, but to keep things simple, here are a few reasons we think you need to have your own business website:
1) Build credibility: There’s nothing that builds credibility faster than a website. Think about it, when you are talking to potential customers and they look you up online, and see that you’ve got no website, how do you think they’d feel? Would they feel reassured about your genuineness and charm, or would they take a more weary approach, I’d bet on the latter.
90% of consumers claim that online reviews influence their buying decision. You can always rely on third-party review sites, but you won’t get the same level of control that you get on your own website.
2) Wider reach: How many people do you think you can reach with a newspaper advertisement? A few thousands maybe? Imagine being accessible 24×7 to around 2.4 billion viewers! That’s the power of a website, you gain the ability to influence & educate a whole bunch of people at the same. Honestly, not having a website is like closing the doors to your business and then wondering why you get no clients.
3) Brand ambassador: They say never to judge a book by its cover, but let’s face it, we all judge people & businesses all the time based on their appearance and their values. A website is your silent ambassador, working day & night, informing potential clients of your brand and what it stands for. It builds perceived value in more ways than you know.
4) Customer interaction: Your website will be a constant source of interaction with your customers, keeping them informed of the latest products, the best offers or even upcoming events in your industry. A simple contact form also lets them reach out to you and maybe begin a two-way conversation that might result in a conversion.
5) Marketing: Your website is your digital asset and you can use it very effectively to market yourself. Using various low-cost digital marketing techniques, you can see much better ROI than from traditional marketing methods. It’s also a great place to showcase your work and mention all the client testimonials you’ve received, just to put a cherry on top. On your website you control the narrative unlike on social media channels.